Information from previous Synods
2020 Diocesan Synod—10-11 September 2020
This is the Third Session of the 54th Christchurch Diocesan Synod
Yearbook and Reportbook of the Diocese of Christchurch 2020
- These can be found here.
Synod Presidential Address:
- Click on this link to read Bishop Peter's Presidential Address to Synod 2020.
Presentations from Synod 2020 are available to download below.
- CPT GST update.
- Ethical and Responsible Investing.
- Parishes as a legal entity.
- Synod Presentation Finance 2020.
- Synod Sept 2020 Finance.
- Mirpurkhas Appeal
Synod Service Link:
- The Synod Service will be live-streamed from the Transitional Cathedral at 7pm on the 10th of September. The live-stream will be available for viewing here: https://www.youtube.com/user/chchcathedralnz/videos.
- The Order of Service can be downloaded here.
- The Order Paper for Synod 2020 can be downloaded here.
- For a list of synod representatives from your parish, click here: download here
- Synod Representatives—What you always wanted to know about Synod but were afraid to ask!
Bills and Motions
- The Bills and Motions for Synod 2020 are available here.
Diocesan Mission Action Plan
Elections at Synod 2020
- Information regarding Synod elections, a nomination form, and nominations received to date are available here. Please keep checking—this will change as further nominations come in.
Pre Synod Meetings
- The pre-Synod Meetings successfully ran from the 11th to 14th of August. The meeting on the 14th was run as a Zoom meeting where a number of people connected to and engaged with the meeting. This meeting was recorded and is available for viewing here.
Christchurch Diocesan Synod 2020—Reports
Christchurch Diocesan Synod 2020—Election related matters
Christchurch Diocesan Synod 2020—Bills and Motions