The Christchurch Anglican Diocesan Archives hold other discrete collections and information about these will be added to the website as they become available again to the public.
Publications can divided into three types: local, national and international.
Local resources include:
- Parish histories
- Diocesan histories and Biographies of Bishops
- A small number of local histories
- Recipe Books
- Synod reports and Diocesan Year Books
- Diocesan Newspapers
- Church News and New Zealand Church News
- The Square Peg
- Anglican Action
- Anglican Life
The following that are also available online:
- Church Papers Online
- Church Quarterly Paper
- Church Magazine
- Church and People – a national paper that includes Christchurch Diocesan content
- Various other Diocesan papers that have some Christchurch Diocesan content
National Resources include:
- Church and People
- Anglican Toanga
- Reports of General Synod which are available online John Kinder LIbrary
International resources include:
- Crockfords Clerical Directory
The period from 1856 to 1890 covers the episcopate of the first Bishop of Christchurch, Henry John Chitty Harper.
During the course of preparing for the publication of “Shaping a Colonial Church” in 2006, use was made of the 28 volumes of outward correspondence and the considerable inward correspondence.
Most of the outward letters, which survive from 1862-1890, were written by Harper himself and are contained within duplicate letter books. The fragility of the letter books meant that transcriptions of the letters had to be made, and these are available to be searched. Indexes have been photocopied for each volume and requests can be made for further transcriptions.
Indexes of inward correspondences are available. These are divided into Diocesan, English and American sections. Unfortunately at some time in the past some of these letters were culled, but those that are not available are clearly marked.