The earliest Anglican church in Canterbury is believed to have been built at Port Levy in the 1840s, and a monument to it stands there still. Several reiterations later, the current Anglican Church (build in 1888) stands at the corner of the Purau-Port Levy Road and Western Valley Road.
For more information about this church including service times, go to the Mt Herbert Parish website
The Reverend Alan Webster
, from Little River, will be Enabling Minister for the Parish of Mt Herber
t from 1 December 2022.